My Favourite Booking Engines:
Every traveller has their favourite booking sites they like to use. Here’s a list of mine – been using them for years, and have never had even so much as a hiccup from one of them. I must be blessed.
- www.bestflights.com.au – hard to beat on price, easy booking system
- Expedia.com.au - great for comparisons, good after service, no booking fees
- www.etihadairways.com - my favourite airline, often cheaper than the booking sites. Award winning airline, excellent service, good loyalty points system
- Jetstar and Virgin Australia within Australia – I book direct
- Ryanair and Easyjet for UK & Europe – strict baggage rules, but can’t beat them for ‘cheap flights’ – don’t believe all the hype, they are very reliable
- Vueling, Air Berlin, BMIbaby – alternate European airlines
- Skyscanner.com - compares all airlines and prices
- Delta Airlines – for USA domestic flights – be aware they ‘overbook’ and you could be put on another flight – you do get compensated fairly generously though
- Booking.com – love them! No upfront payment, no booking fee, no cancellation fee (occasional exceptions on super specials). Very competitive prices, easy website to navigate. My only gripe is they don’t have a loyalty program – I would have millions of points!
- Expedia.com.au - second favourite. Alternate site to previous entry. Do have to pay up front – good for budgeting – pay & forget. Competitive prices, easy to navigate.
- Hostelworld.com – best budget site for hostels, B & B’s, campsites. Don’t rule out hostels – some of my most memorable moments have been from stays in hostels. You meet amazing people from all over the world and often get included in their activities.
- Homelidays.co.uk – great booking site for private apartments, villas, self catering properties worldwide. Have stayed in fabulous apartments in France and Spain using this site. Deposits payable direct to owners.
- Expedia.com.au – very competitive prices for flights & hotels combined. Great after service, easy booking.
- www.easyjet.com – fantastically cheap package holidays withing the UK & Europe. User friendly site, easy booking system.
Reviews & Forums:
- Tripadvisor.com! If you haven’t guessed – this is the only site I rely on. Sign up as a member now! After I’ve shortlisted accommodation on previous hotel booking sites, I always compare the reviews on this site before confirming booking. Their forums are a wealth of knowledge – ask any question and wait for replies to pour in. I have made many ‘internet’ friends by just joining in on these forums, many are regular posters who are experts on their areas. Also, very entertaining on those lonely nights alone! Fantastic info on hotels, flights, restaurants & things to do at your destination.
- www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au – comparison site for the big 5 car rental companies, no booking fees, easy site to navigate.
- www.budget.com.au – reliable, safe and good loyalty system
- Viator – Good site for booking sightseeing tours & excursions. Very reliable, well priced, easy booking service.
- Days Out Guide UK – Fantastic site for booking tours all over the UK, amazing 2 for 1 deals on over 150 attractions in London – brilliant money saving site for the UK!
By booking your travels through any of the links above, you are helping support this site, aiding me in keeping it going so that you can continue to enjoy